Kapsch Public TransportCom specializes in the development, installation and maintenance of ticketing systems for public transport. The company is headquartered in Belgium, has 160 employees and generates sales of around EUR 20 million per year and is represented in Europe, Africa and the USA
- Due to challenging major projects in Belgium and the USA, the company has slid into an earnings and liquidity crisis.
- The goal is to work out different restructuring options and to implement one of the options after the owners have decided for one of the options.
- Management Factory was mandated to work out restructuring options and to manage Kapsch Public TransportCom. After a two-year restructuring phase, an M&A process was initiated, and the company was sold to a strategic investor.
- Stabilization of difficult customer projects
- Initiation and successful completion of a distressed M&A transaction